There are many things we could say about the love of the God we’ve come to know. So many that it would fill volumes of books. And yet, how do you understand a God who is so great that He doesn’t fit into ANYTHING you could possibly describe. There are many things we could say we don’t know about God, but following are some of the core beliefs we believe Jesus and His apostles taught. We believe:
- that Jesus Christ suffered and died on the cross for human sin, that he was raised (resurrected) bodily on the third day, and that he ascended to heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father to this day.
- in the Holy Spirit, who brings sinners to repentance, who gives eternal life to believers, and who lives in believers to conform them to the image of Jesus Christ.
- that salvation comes not by works, but only by God’s grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
- that Christians’ should gather in regular fellowship.
- that the Christian’s life should be a positive witness of their faith in Jesus Christ.
- in the spiritual unity of all who believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- that Jesus Christ will come again to judge the living and the dead, either to eternal life with God or eternal condemnation apart from God.
- in the bodily resurrection of the dead.
- that the Bible, as it was originally penned, is the infallible Word of God, fully authoritative for all matters of faith and practice.