Living Hope Fellowship is a fellowship of the Grace Communion International. In the early/mid 1990’s, the denomination, through a sovereign move of the Holy Spirit, drastically changed their belief structure and doctrines. The church moved into more mainstream orthodox Christian belief. In 2009, the denomination name was formerly changed to Grace Communion International (www.gci.org). Today, Grace Communion International is a member of the National Association of Evangelicals and a supporting member of many inter-denominational organizations such as Mission America and Lighthouse Ministries.
Living Hope Fellowship teachings are trinitarian in nature; family values and healthy relationships are stressed; a friendly, fun, upbeat atmosphere is cultivated; and inter-church relationships are encouraged within the Christian community.
Tobe & Barb Johnson began to pastor the local Helena congregation of Grace Communion International in January 1996 with seven people in attendance. The name was changed to Living Hope Fellowship in 1999 to reflect a core philosophy of the fellowship – that we DO have HOPE. A Living Hope.
“…Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead…”
- October, 2016: Moved into new facility at 4954 Arrowhead Drive.
April 2009: Living Hope Fellowship worked with Set Free Ministries in 2009 to support the start-up of Set Free Helena, a local Helena church based upon the Set Free Ministries church model. This church meets at 614 N Last Chance Gulch and is pastored by Murph and Kim Powers.
July 2007: Living Hope Fellowship planted a local youth camp, now operating as SEP Montana Youth Camp. The camp has grown from 15 kids in 2007 to over 100 kids per session and 60+ community volunteer staff members.
- January 2006: Church moved to lease the store-front facility at 614 N Last Chance Gulch.
- 2002: Living Hope Fellowship moved to lease facility on 1092 Trails End Road meeting on Sunday mornings. This was our first full-time facility.
- 2000: Sub-leased facility from Helena Christian School.
- 2000: In 2001, Living Hope Fellowship sponsored the startup of a small house church in Garrison, Montana.
- 1999: Name changed to Living Hope Fellowship.
- 1998: Sub-leased facility from Green Meadow Christian Reformed Church at 4790 Green Meadow Drive.
January 1996: Tobe/Barb Johnson commissioned to pastor.